<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 19, 2004

Validation can feel SO GOOD sometimes... 

I've been quoting the strangest of sources for literally YEARS now...The Back Page is a humorous last laugh in each issue of The New Yorker, which I have subscribed to now for several years--and long before the 2000 election or 9-11.

One Back Page--I forget which one and have long since committed that issue to the stacks in the basement--was called "The First Hundred Days". It was a hilarious quiz, multiple choice, of course, about the first hundred days of the Bush administration. One of the questions went something like this:


During a photo-op in Pennsylvania, a man told President Bush he was unsatisfied with his performance so far. What was President Bush's response?

A. "If you'll just give me a chance, I sure hope to change your mind with the rest of my term."

B. "If you don't like it so far, just wait 'til we steal the NEXT election."

C. "I'm real disappointed to hear that, and I hope you'll keep an open mind about my policies."

D. "Who cares what you think?"


The answer is: D.

This story was never reported in mainstream journalistic sources, but The New Yorker is impeccable in its fact-checking. It was true. The person to whom that happened has never before gone on the record--

--until TODAY. Go read it--NOW.

Hallelujah!

BushWhackedUSA.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com