<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 13, 2004

CHOMSKY: LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM? 

I'd love to hear from some of you, the BushWhackedUSA readership, abour your opinions of Noam Chomsky and his work.

As you might guess from the frequency with which we link his interviews and commentaries, we (well, I can't speak for Augustino, our illustrious blogger, but my father and myself) think he's doing extremely important work. His role as both a media critic and a political analyst -- a critic of Power and its propaganda, essentially -- makes him perhaps the most valuable and crucial figure in the progressive political movement. (By "progressive" I mean far left rather than the so-called "progressive" movement of Democrats drifting across the center into the Republican party. Yes, they're out there, and they call themselves "progressives." It's an unfortunate coincidence.)

My father noticed recently that Chomsky's name is (mis)used by Republicans and Democrats alike as synonymous with paranoid-radical-leftist-wacko-conspiracy-theorist. With that in mind, and in a political climate where so-called liberals rage against the candidacy of Ralph Nader, it's easy to see how the Republicans have dragged America steadily to the right for decades now.

Anyhow, that's my rambling two cents on Chomsky. Here is an interesting German interview with him.

I'd love to read your thoughts.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com