<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Always glad to spread yet another unproven rumor about my President 

It's my DUTY. Although unproven by the photo, does this NOT strike you as perfectly in character for the Commander-in-Thief? We've come a long way, baby.

Via Blah3.com:

The single greatest event of my life

After waiting around for about 45 minutes, the motorcade passed by us again. A few police cars, followed by a van or two, drove by. Then, a Bush/Cheney bus passed, followed by a second one going slower. At the front of this second bus was The W himself, waving cheerily at his supporters on the other side of the highway. Adam, Brendan, and I rose our banner (the More Trees, Less Bush one) and he turned to wave to our side of the road. His smile faded, and he raised his left arm in our direction. And then, George W. Bush, the 43rd president of the United States of America, extended his middle finger.


It's a memory this young man will certainly cherish forever, tell his grandkids about. Maybe he'll even get on some talk shows or the college lecture circuit.

I'm reminded of a story from my trusty copy of "The People's Almanac", vintage 1976, about Richard M. Nixon:

From page 330:

"Occasionally, Nixon found it necessary to lash out physically at hecklers. During his trip to Peru as Vice-President, a man in the crowd spat on him. 'As I saw his legs go by,' Nixon remembers, 'at least I had the satisfaction of planting a healthy kick on his shins...Nothing I did all day made me feel better.' "

BushWhackedUSA.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com